Deadwood Bridge was built by Lane County’s bridge builder, Miller Sorenson in 1932 for $4,814. The bridge was built on a curve in the road so to make entering the bridge safer, flooring was installed on a slant. It has a long window all along the north side.
In the 70s the covered bridge was bypassed with a concrete bridge just half a mile away that incorporated a more direct route. Functionally obsolete except as a wayside detour, Deadwood Bridge was neglected. Without maintenance over time the bridge became extremely dilapidated. In 1986, Lane County overhauled the Deadwood Bridge by replacing the siding, flooring and portals. The bracing, roof and approaches were also repaired. Its original semi-elliptical portals were changed to Tuder arch during restoration.